In Ayurveda, it’s incredibly important to brush your teeth - but it doesn’t end there. It’s equally as important to use a copper tongue cleaner.
While here in the West, we often assume that tongue fuzz is just a normal part of waking up, Ayurveda says this isn’t the case. According to Ayurveda, this stuff is a buildup of ama - toxins and unwanted material - that builds up overnight.
There are a number of benefits to using a copper tongue cleaner.
- Using a tongue cleaner gets rid of bacteria that can damage your teeth, gums, and overall oral health.
- Getting rid of these bacteria means that they won’t be able to produce any volatile sulfur compounds, which are one of the main causes of bad breath.
- Your tongue will be less coated, so you’ll be able to taste your food better.
- Using a copper tongue scraper, specifically, is important because it’s able to help target bad bacteria while leaving good bacteria alone. That can’t be said about mouthwash!
- Tongue scraping stimulates the digestive tract and improves your digestive fire, meaning that you’ll be able to absorb nutrients from breakfast easier.
Tongue scraping is incredibly important. Make sure to pick up a copper tongue scraper so that you can enjoy improved oral health immediately!