The rose is one of the most important plants in Ayurvedic medicine. In addition to being symbolically significant - it represents the heart - the rose has a number of health benefits.
Depending on how and where you use rose, you can experience benefits ranging from improved heart health and relaxation to enhanced skin health.
Some of the most impressive benefits of rose include:
- Can be useful to balance the various hormones in the body
- Helping to fight inflammation, particularly skin inflammation
- Helps to fight off sore throats and respiratory problems
- Promotes relaxation and good rest
- Reducing gastrointestinal problems
- Helping to ward off unpleasant and chaotic emotions
- Increasing the health and function of the heart
- Helping to fight pain
- Helps to fight off bacteria
- Encourages good health in the brain and nervous system
Rose can be used in a number of ways.
Rose petals can be brewed into a tea and sipped for enhanced digestive health and reduced anxiety. Rose can also be applied directly to the skin - either in its whole form, or as part of a poultice. Rose steams can help to improve respiratory health.