What single plant can help you to mentally thrive, resonate fully with your life’s purpose, and relieve the toxic stress of modern living? Brahmi.
Otherwise known as Bacopa Monnieri, water hyssop, Indian Pennywort, or Barmi, this “herb of grace” is thought to be a spiritual gift from the Ayurvedic tradition.
It promotes calm, intelligence, wisdom, and memory – including our collective spiritual insight.
Brahmi was named after the Goddess Saraswati, the deity of wisdom, art, and music. The plant itself is even shaped like a part of the brain – the cerebellum – thus indicating its efficacy in promoting the deep, penetrating intelligence of Divine Mind.
Brahmi grows throughout India, Sri Lanka and Southeast Asia, in small pools or ponds. It is considered a “bitter herb” within Ayurveda.
The tiny flowers of Brahmi are in the same vibratory space of the crown and third-eye chakras, also suggestive of spiritual wisdom.
In Ayurveda Brahmi can:
- Promote Medhya (Intellect)
- Inspire Ayushya (Long life)
- Spark Rasayana (Restoration and rejuvenation of the body)
- Promote Dhana (Wealth)
- Restore Majjadhaty Rasayana (Improve the nervous system)
- Give Svara (Voice)
- Halt Visa (Poison)
- And more
Modern science states that Brahmi supports:
- Reduction of stress through antioxidant action
- Retention, creation, and retrieval of memory
- Sound sleep
- Reduction of anxiety
- Improvement of creative thought
- Improved cognition and intelligence
- Free-radical scavenging
- Slow aging
- An improved immune system
- Better blood glucose levels
- Reduced inflammation
- Speedy healing of chronic disease or injuries
- Beautiful hair, skin and nails
- Protection against toxic compounds and carcinogens like Acrylamide
Brahmi is a perfect gift from the natural world to awaken your inner spiritual wisdom, and enliven your spirit.
The aphrodisiacal herb inspires creativity and thinking outside the box. If these things resonate with you, then Brahmi is an appropriate herbal remedy to add to your collection.