Nowadays, most of us know how important meditation can be. It’s a great way to fight off the stressors of daily life, it can improve our mental health, and it’s generally an effective way to make you feel like life’s okay.
Unfortunately, it can be hard to start a new meditation practice. These tips are a sure-fire way to help you find the time and space to start a new routine.
- Find the time. Or, rather, make the time. Find a small period of time (even 10 minutes is fine) to dedicate to meditation everyday.
- Get aesthetic. Starting your routine by lighting incense or using candles can be a great way to settle the mood and encourage you to actually sit down with yourself.
- Use an alarm. Even experienced meditators can have a hard time remembering to meditate everyday, especially if it’s at the same time. While you’re new, it can help to set an alarm to remind yourself to meditate.
- Use audio/video meditations. Plenty can be found on YouTube. This is an easy way to guide yourself through the process of meditation.
- Don’t get discouraged. The iconic image of a peaceful yogi sitting on a mountain makes meditation seem like it’s easy, but it’s not. Remember to be perseverant and stick with the practice, even - especially - if you feel like it’s not going anywhere.
Remember, meditation might seem simple, but it’s a life-changing process that will have a profound effect on your well-being. The sooner you start, the better!