Daily rituals in Ayurveda are one of the key ways to establish a life-long self-care regime. Taking care of your self first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day. It creates a commitment to ensuring your needs are taken care of. These Ayurvedic morning rituals will do exactly that. Each one of these daily tasks will leave you feeling refreshed, energized, and ready to take on the world.
5 Easy Self-Care Steps to Kick start Your Day
1. Get up early. The first part of your ritual is simple: get up early, so you have more time to start the day.
2. Freshen your mouth. Don’t just brush your teeth, use an Ayurvedic tongue scraper to rid yourself of ama (unwanted toxins).
3. Self-massage. Give yourself a quick, gentle massage using a dosha oil. This will help you ease into the day and will promote self-love.
4. Get wet! One of the most important things in Ayurveda is to use the cleansing power of water to freshen up every morning. Take a shower or a warm bath to rid yourself of stale energy.
5. Don’t overeat. Morning hours, between 6 AM and 10 AM, are kapha time during which digestion is slow. If you eat during these times, opt for a small meal.
If you follow these simple - but highly rewarding - Ayurvedic morning rituals everyday, you’ll feel like a new person!