One of the many benefits of dry brushing is reducing cellulite. Cellulite occurs when the connective tissues attaching your skin to your muscle become too taut. When fat builds up as a natural part of the growing process, the tension doesn’t release which causes the appearance of cellulite.
Learning how to use a dry brush properly is one of the best self-care practices you can incorporate into your holistic wellness routine. There are many different types of dry brushes. We’ll discuss the best options for anyone who wants to start dry brushing for cellulite.
Choosing the Best Dry Brush for Cellulite
Dry brushing is a way to take care of your body, and choosing a good dry brush will improve the benefits of self-care.
Choose a natural dry brush with a handle that suits your grip. The dry brushes from Made by Yoke come with natural fibers, a comfortable grip, and the assurance that you’re getting a brush produced by Ayurvedic professionals.
How to Use Dry Brushing for Cellulite
The process of dry brushing is a quick one that rarely takes more than a few minutes. Once you get your natural dry brush you can start dry brushing right away! Here’s a simple guide on how to start dry brushing for cellulite.
- Stand in a bathtub, on a tiled surface or wooden floor. You’ll want something that’s easy to sweep as you’ll be shedding some skin cells throughout the course of your dry brushing.
- Starting at your feet, brush up your legs. Use long, soft strokes that move towards your heart center.
- Continuing from your feet, move up your thighs, your backside, your hands, and your arms. Next, brush your back and then finish off your belly and chest.
Once you’re done dry brushing, hop into the shower and wash yourself off.
Pro Tips for Holistic Wellness
To get the most benefit from dry brushing, then make sure to follow these tips.
- Give yourself a few extra brushes anywhere that you have cellulite.
- Give yourself a few brushes on each part of your body. Don’t worry about overlapping.
- Make sure to pay attention to how hard you’re pushing the brush. You want it to be comfortable, but still strong enough to help your blood circulate.
- Apply a healthy Ayurvedic oil like coconut oil or castor oil to help moisturize your body after you’ve come out of the shower.
- Dry brush your body a couple of times a week or eveery day. After a couple of weeks you’ll really start to see results.
Dry brushing is a fantastic Ayurvedic lifestyle technique that improves blood circulation and skin health. If you start dry brushing for cellulite you’ll see an improvement in as little as two weeks. Dry brushing is a great way to help yourself look and feel great. So Take a few minutes out of your day and work dry brushing into your self-care routine.
WRITTEN BY NIGEL